Saturday, December 21, 2013

Love never fails ; a powerful reminder in an open letter from a lesbian to a pastors wife.


A few years after coming out; a practicing homosexual pens this letter to a friend who, along with her husband leads an evangelical Bible teaching church in the South. They remain close friends.


You really are THE ONLY person who has treated me as though Christ would treat me...through everything. 
Everyone else talked about me, judged me and turned their backs on me. I don't feel that way about you. 
Even though I know you don't agree with me or understand me, you never turned your back on me. 
I can never thank you enough for that. I am so lucky to know you and so lucky to have a friend like you. 
I would not truly know or understand Christianity without you and your example. You have no idea the impact you've had on my life. 
Again I'll say, I can never thank you enough. Thank you again for your words. Thank you for being such an amazing example. 
Because of you, I know what grace looks like.
Because of how you live your life and how you love other people, I know how Jesus did, too
I can't say that about any of the other Christians I know. 


"What if thoughtful folks in the gay and evangelical communities stopped shouting across the playground and sat down together? Glad I serve a God who loves evangelicals..and his gay neighbor equally and desires a relationship with them both. Hopefully we will desire the same" Joshua DuBois


1 comment: